Time for the Magic!
You must be excited for your Walt Disney World® vacation. But where do you begin?
Now more than ever, it is important to know when to make Advanced Dining Reservations and Fast Pass+ Selections. Below is a chronological Planning Guide to help you keep on track while you prepare for your Disney Vacation.
Rest assured that when you book your vacation with Small World Vacations, your agent will be in touch along the way.
For Planning Resources and Websites, visit the Small World Vacations Planning Page.
Walt Disney World® Chronological Planning Guide:
Follow the steps chronologically regardless of when you book your vacation. So, if you book at 59 days prior to arrival, you should take care of the steps at 7 months, 180 days and 60 days right away. Ideally, if you can book your vacation more than 6 months in advance, you’ll have the best chance of getting your preferred Advanced Dining Reservations and FastPass+ Selections.
- The Planning Calculator is an invaluable resource you can use to determine the exact date you can make dining Advanced Dining Reservations and FastPass +
- If you change your travel dates, be sure to update the dates you can make important reservations.
- If you have questions, contact your Small World Vacations Agent.
Create a My Disney Experience Account at StartYourDisneyExperience.com. Disney has introduced a easy way to make the most of your vacation called MyMagic+ . It gives you unprecedented control of your vacation, making it easier than ever to enjoy every moment.
- Make sure you register with the same exact name that is listed on your Disney vacation reservation.
- Link your vacation reservation number (and tickets if they are purchased separately from your vacation package.)
- Order your Custom Magic Bands. These can be delivered to your US residence. International Guests can pick up their Magic Band as their Disney Resort.
- Get the My Disney Experience app on your Smart phone. (Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere.)
- Stay Connected to Small World Vacations- Like us on Facebook. Follow our Blog
Seven Months in Advance or as soon as possible
Plan Your Daily Itinerary– The following links are trusted resources to help you create a daily touring plan
- Walt Disney World© Brochure
- Walt Disney World® Theme Parks
- Planning Calculator
- Theme Park Calendar
- Walt Disney World® Restaurant Menus
- Special Events – What is happening during your stay?
- Refurbishment List – What will be closed during your stay?
- Touringplans.com – Itinerary Planning. Get a Free Subscription with Small World Vacations.
- Golf Spas
- Disney Springs
- Disney Behind the Scenes Tours
EXACTLY 180 Days Prior to Arrival or as soon as possible
Make Advanced Dining Reservations (Dinner Shows, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Pirates League, Fireworks Cruises)
- The earlier you make your Advanced Dining Reservations (preferably 180 days in advance), the better chance you have of getting your preferred location and time.
- Make your Advanced Dining Reservations directly through your My Disney Experience account beginning at 6am ET 180 days prior to arrival.
- You can also call Disney Dining 407-WDW-DINE (939-3463) at 7am ET or make Advanced Dining Reservations online.
- Walt Disney World® Resort Guests can book Advanced Dining Reservations for their entire length of stay starting with 180 days prior to arrival.
- If your reservation includes a dining plan, your Small World Vacations Agent is happy to help book your reservations for you. We have dined at many of these locations and can make recommendations you might enjoy.
EXACTLY 60 Days Prior to Arrival or as soon as possible
Choose FastPass+ for select rides, attractions, character experiences and entertainment.
You must link your Walt Disney World® Vacation Package Reservation # or Valid Theme Park Passes to your My Disney Experience account to be able to set up FastPass+ Selections
- You can choose up to Three Disney’s FastPass+ Selections for one theme park each day through your My Disney Experience account. Certain restrictions apply.
- Walt Disney World® Resort guests can make FastPass+ Selections at 7am EST 60 days prior to arrival.
- Touring Plans – This link has great information about making your FastPass+ Selections.
- You can get a limited number of additional FastPass+ after your original Fast Pass+ Selections have been used or expire. Use your Mobile Disney App or special kiosks located in the Disney theme parks.
50 – 30 Days Prior to Arrival or as soon as possible
Set up Disney’s Magical Express (DME)- complimentary roundtrip motorcoach transportation and luggage delivery from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to your Walt Disney World® Resort.
- Your Small World Vacations Agent can arrange DME for you if you send your flight info (airline, flight#s connecting flights, flight times, city of origin)
- If you would like to arrange your DME yourself, call 866-599-0951 (You will need your flight info)
30 Days Prior to Arrival or at the time of booking
Final Payment for Walt Disney World Vacation Packages, Travel Protection and Disney Memory Maker (Room only reservations will pay balance upon check-in and cannot add travel protection.)
Your Small World Vacations Agent will send you a reminder approximately two weeks prior to your Walt Disney Travel Co Vacation Package final payment due date.
Please let your agent know:
- If you would like to use your credit card on file to pay the remaining balance? Or would you like to use a different card? Or would you like to use Disney Reward Gift Cards?
- If your address has changed?
- If you would like to add Travel Protection to your Walt Disney World® Vacation Package (US Residents Only)?
- If you would like to purchase Memory Maker to capture the Disney magic at a discounted pre-arrival price?
- If you have added the Quick Service Dining Plan, would you like to upgrade to the Table Service Dining Plan?
- If you have NOT added a dining plan to your reservation would you like to add one to your Disney Vacation?
- If you have base theme park tickets that only allow you to visit one theme park per day, would you like to add hopping privileges so you can visit more than one park each day?
Two Weeks Prior to Arrival
- NEW- Disney will no longer mail Final Documents for Package Reservations to guests – Beginning with Jan. 1, 2018 arrivals, there’s a new process for Magical Extra Card and voucher delivery. Instead of receiving a booklet including the Magical Extras card and vouchers, guests who purchase a Walt Disney Travel Company package and stay at a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel will now receive information about the Magical Extras in their MagicBand delivery box. Read more on the Small World Vacations Blog.
In the following scenarios, Guests will receive their Magical Extras Card, vouchers and luggage tags upon check-in at their hotel:
- Guests who pre-engage on My Disney Experience 10 days or less prior to arrival.
- Guests who book 5 days or less prior to arrival.
- Guests who do not pre-engage on My Disney Experience.
- Guests who opt out of receiving a MagicBand.
- Guests who book a Walt Disney Travel Company Package at The Walt Disney World Swan or Dolphin Hotels, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, the Disney Springs® Resort Area Hotels or a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel.
- Guests who reside in countries outside the US.
- Magic Bands – For US Guests – If you have customized your Magic Bands, Disney will send them 30 days prior to arrival. Wear them on the plane or have them ready for Disney’s Magical Express and Resort Check-in. If you have not customized them or if you are an International Guest, Disney will have Magic Bands for you at check-in. They will be encoded with your Theme Park Passes and Dining Credits if you have a Package Reservation.
- Disney’s Magical Express – For US and Canadian Guests – If you are using Disney’s Magical Express (DME) ground transportation, your yellow luggage tags and transportation vouchers will be mailed to you. These may be included in the final documents for vacation packages.
10 Days Prior to Arrival
Check-In Online– Save time and check-in online to your Walt Disney World® Resort at MyDisneyExperience.com.
Last minute questions:
- Did you receive your Magic Bands? (US Guests Only) with your Magical Extra Cards?
- Did you receive your Magical Express Luggage Tags and Info? (International Guests – speak to your agent)
- Do you have any last minute questions? If so, please feel free to call or email your agent.
- Do you need to rent a stroller? If so, remember to bring a ribbon or scarf to tie on it for easy identification.
Time for the Magic!
Check out the ultimate Walt Disney World® Packing List. Remember to bring your government issued photo ID, credit cards, Magic Bands and your Small World Vacations agent’s phone number.
There may be a discount offer in your hotel room on a new Disney Vacation. Remember to request Small World Vacations as your agent. Subject to availability on select dates and resorts and can change without notice.
Feel free to contact your Small World Vacations agent for assistance with your future Disney Vacations. It would be our pleasure to help you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published: January 5, 2010