Here’s What You Need to Know About the
Phased Reopening of Aulani Resort beginning Nov. 1
Small World Vacation has a Know Before You Go Page for Disney Aulani Resort and Spa:
From Disney October 6, 2020
As we previously shared, Aulani Resort is planning to begin a phased reopening starting on November 1. As we approach this day, we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our Cast Members, Guests, and Disney Vacation Club Members, and we look forward to reopening Aulani Resort in a responsible way.
We continue to learn from the phased reopening of our other Disney hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts, and are bringing these lessons into our planning for the reopening of Aulani Resort. Given the constantly changing global health environment, our plans may evolve as we consider the latest guidance. Stay updated on all of our health and safety measures and operational changes by visiting the “Know Before You Go”
Guests with existing November reservations at Aulani may be receiving email communication from Disney if they have their contact information. Below is an example of this communication.
SAMPLE GUEST COMMUNICATION THAT YOUR CLIENTS MAY RECEIVE FROM US
We at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa look forward to welcoming our valued guests and Disney Vacation Club Members back to the magic at Aulani Resort with a phased reopening beginning November 1, 2020.
Our gradual, phased approach to reopening considers the guidance of local and national government and health authorities, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the U.S. Travel Association and Disney’s team of health and safety professionals.
Given you have an upcoming reservation at Aulani Resort, we would like to provide you with an update about changes at the resort, which will help you better plan for your stay. Since many of these measures will be new, and may evolve, we want to be sure that you know what to expect. You can read more about these measures at Aulani.com.
- Pre-arrival steps for guests:
- There are specific instructions and requirements for all visitors to Hawaii, which may include mandated quarantine or pre-travel testing. View information about these requirements on the Hawaii Tourism Authority website at GoHawaii.com. State requirements are subject to change. Please continue to stay updated on the latest travel alerts, advisories and restrictions leading up to your planned stay.
- By entering Aulani Resort, you are confirming that you and all persons in your party are not experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, as identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and that you understand and will abide by the established health and safety requirements.
- Face coverings will be required for all Guests (age 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining or swimming.
- To promote physical distancing, we strongly recommend that Members and Guests use our Online Check-in service.
- Physical distancing and capacity measures:
- Services will be adjusted within stores, restaurants, pools, the fitness center, and other public areas to allow for physical distancing, including reducing capacity where appropriate and implementing enhanced cleaning measures.
- Technology will be used to aid in these efforts, with limited-contact services being implemented in shopping and dining locations.
- Housekeeping, cleanliness and sanitization:
- In common areas, extra attention will be given to high traffic areas such as public elevator buttons, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms, and more. Additionally, hand sanitizers will be located throughout the resort.
- Prior to each guest arrival, rooms will be given an enhanced cleaning.
- During a stay, rooms will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include removal of trash and used towels, replenishment of towels and amenities, and wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces. Guests may also decline every-other-day service.
- Disney Vacation Club Members staying on points will receive service on the fourth and eighth day, unless service is declined.
- Technology Solutions
- Limited contact options including menu QSR codes, cashless payments and online check-in will help to minimize contact and maintain physical distancing.
- Resort Dining, Amenities and Services: During the initial reopening period, some resort dining, amenities, activities and services will be modified, limited in capacity or unavailable based on physical distancing and health guidelines. In addition, some areas and offerings will remain temporarily closed or unavailable. These include, but are not limited to:
- Aunty’s Beach House
- Laniwai Spa
- Painted Sky: HI Style Studio
- ‘AMA‘AMA Restaurant
- Makahiki Bounty of the Islands – including character dining
- KA WA‘A Lū‘au
- Little Opihi’s beachside kiosk
- Private Dining
- Valet service
- Alamo car rental desk
- Instructor-led fitness classes
- Some activities, including ‘Ohana Movie Night, Shaka-A-Shaka Pool Party, Disney Animation, Kakamora Chaos, DVC Member Hour, and guided tours
Additionally, food and beverage offerings, menus and operating hours may be adjusted, and pools and recreation offerings may operate differently during this time. Please visit Know Before You Go at Aulani.com for more details on changes to and unavailability of certain offerings and experiences.
- Smoke-Free Resort: As part of our commitment to promoting health and safety for our Resort Guests, Disney Vacation Club Members, and Cast Members, Aulani Resort will reopen as a smoke-free resort. Smoking locations will be removed, and smoking will not be permitted on premises.
We continue to learn from the phased reopening of our other Disney hotels and DVC Resorts, and are bringing these lessons into our planning for the reopening of Aulani Resort. Given the constantly changing global health environment, our plans may evolve as we consider the latest guidance. Please continue to stay updated by visiting the “Know Before You Go” page at Aulani.com and the latest travel advisories at GoHawaii.com in advance of your arrival.
To provide further flexibility during these uncertain times, cancellation policies have been temporarily updated for Walt Disney Travel Company packages, room-only reservations booked directly through Disney, and Disney Vacation Club.
For Guests with Walt Disney Travel Company packages and room-only reservations booked directly through Disney:
- You may change or cancel your Aulani Resort reservation up to 24 hours prior to arrival date for stays through May 20, 2021 without Disney-imposed cancellation fees. This is a temporary modification to the Resort cancellation and refund policy and applies to both “room-only” bookings and Walt Disney Travel Company vacation packages.
- For “room-only” cancellations made less than 24 hours before arrival (including no shows), a cancellation fee will be charged equivalent to the first night’s room rate plus tax. For Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package cancellations made less than 24 hours before arrival (including no shows), a $400 cancellation fee will be charged. Failure to check in to the hotel on the scheduled arrival date without timely prior notice of cancellation or change will be subject to these fees.
- This temporary policy applies for stays through May 20, 2021 only. Any stays after this date will adhere to the regular cancellation and refund policy, as follows:
- “Room-only” cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to your arrival. For cancellations made 4 days or less before your arrival date (including no shows), a cancellation fee will be charged equivalent to the first night’s room rate plus tax. Failure to check in to the hotel on the scheduled arrival date without timely prior notice of cancellation or change will be subject to fees equivalent to the first night’s hotel rate plus tax.
- For a Walt Disney Travel Company vacation package—or if you have booked other components with your room such as flight or car rental—the required notification timeframe is 30 days or more, with a $400 cancel fee if notice is 29 days or less.
To rebook or cancel a reservation, call (866) 44-DISNEY or (866) 443-4763 or your travel professional. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call. Cancellation and refund policies are subject to change.
Please note that cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines and rental cars, as well as nonrefundable products like travel protection plans, are deducted from refundable amounts for Walt Disney Travel Company packages. You will still be responsible for cancellation charges associated with third-party supplier policies.
If you did not book your vacation package or room-only reservations through Disney directly, please contact your travel professional.
While our new experience may be a little different from the last time you stayed with us, a memorable visit awaits at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. We look forward to welcoming you and your ‘ohana.
The Cast at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa
Published: October 6, 2020