Now through Oct. 15, Guests can come celebrate “Together We Are Magia” at Walt Disney World Resort, where along with other special offerings to honor Hispanic Latinx heritage, they can enjoy their favorite Latin-inspired dishes on our menus.
We can’t think of a better way to celebrate Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month with family and friends than with food! This popular cuisine uses unique herbs and seasoning – both fresh and dried – during the cooking process and as colorful garnishes to create layers of delicious flavors. And with many dishes, a squeeze of fresh lime perfectly balances the richness of the spice and adds an acidic brightness. And desserts? Whether Guests like creamy or crispy, Latin-inspired desserts are deliciously decadent – something for every sweet tooth!
Below are a few favorite dishes Guests can add to their list – they are all terrific!
At Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, Tiffins offers food items inspired by Imagineers’ travels to Oaxaca, Mexico. Like elsewhere, Oaxacans cook with a global pantry adopting many regional influences. And Guests can get their street food fix with the Street Tacos at The Smiling Crocodile.
- Tiffins: Sweet Corn Soup with butter-poached lobster, cilantro crema, charred corn, pickled jalapeño, cotija, and tajin
- Tiffins: Charred Octopus with grilled corn salsa, tequila, mole negro, pickles, cilantro
- Tiffins: Tacos – Plant-based tinga, avocado, and plant-based cheese with corn tortilla (plant-based)
- The Smiling Crocodile: Street Corn Tacos, Chicken Street Tacos, Pulled Pork Street Tacos (The practice of vending tacos from carts followed Mexican migrants to this country and has spread throughout the southwestern United States and beyond.)
- Nomad Lounge, Dino Diner: Churros
For dishes created by Festival Chef Daniel Contreras, he always incorporates his Latin heritage by using Latin spices or herbs and fresh produce. “I always think about the ingredients my mom and grandma used to use to cook for us. I want to show the people that have never been to my country the traditional Columbian dishes. Showcasing the Latin culture and Latin ingredients is a way that I can keep a little piece of home here.”
- Flavors from Fire Hosted by The NFL on ESPN, EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by Corkcicle: The Chimichurri-up Offense – Charred chimichurri steak on a smoked corn cake with pickled vegetable slaw and cilantro aïoli
- The Swanky Saucy Swine, EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival presented by Corkcicle: Crispy Pig Ear Salad with fire roasted tomatillo sauce, pickled red onions, queso fresco, roasted corn salsa, and avocado cream
The Mexico pavilion’s world-famous San Angel Inn Restaurante will showcase San Pascual Award-winning chef Federico A. Lopez and his menu representing regional Mexican foods from Oct. 1–Dec 31. They are also offering these flavorful items:
- Choza de Margarita: Elote – Sweet corn on the cob smothered with chipotle aïoli, queso cotija, and tajin chile-lime powder
- Choza de Margarita: Tacos de Cochinita – Tender citrus-marinated pulled pork served on corn tortillas with pickled red onions and mango habanero relish with a side of corn esquites
- San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Hacienda de San Angel: Pescado a la Veracruzana – Red snapper atop potatoes with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette made with capers, olives, bell peppers, Spanish onions, and tomatoes
- San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Hacienda de San Angel: Viva Mexico Margarita (This limited time specialty margarita in honor of Mexico National Independence Day (9/16/21) and inspired by the famous Chiles en Nogada.)
Featured visiting food truck, Cilantro Urban Eatery at Disney Springs celebrates Latin Street Food offering infused Venezuelan, Puerto Rican, Mexican, and American cuisine including burritos, rice bowls, urban tacos, salads, and quesadillas.
Also at Disney Springs, Jaleo by José Andrés (with their extensive menu of tapas and authentic paellas) and Frontera Cocina (contemporary Mexican cuisine) offers fabulous menus every day. And culinary Cast Members Alex’s Cabrera, Jose Rodriguez, and Oscar Prieto all created delicious items in their locations in honor of their heritage.
- Amorette’s Patisserie: Alex’s Tres Leches – Three milk dessert featuring cherry mousse and vanilla chiffon with Irish cream liqueur (Alex’s roots and family gatherings growing up in Puerto Rico inspired this dessert.)
- D-Luxe Burger: Jose’s Tripleta Burger – A signature Deluxe burger patty topped with ham, pork belly, fried potato sticks, lettuce, tomato, and ketchup aïoli. (This burger is a combination of Jose’s favorite flavors from Puerto Rico.)
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: Oscar’s Tostones – Marinated shrimp, pulled chicken, and sauces with plantains (Oscar was inspired by his mother’s favorite snack foods and cooking styles.)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Fairfax Fare: Colombian Hot Dog – All-Beef quarter-pound hot dog topped with cabbage slaw, garlic-cilantro, mayonnaise-ketchup on a brioche butter bun served with pickled vegetables
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Centertown Market: Fish Tacos topped with pickled vegetable slaw, cilantro lime crema, cotija cheese, and a side of pico de gallo with a lime served with choice of side
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Largo: Pork Tacos with crispy slaw, salsa verde, cotija cheese, and marinated fruit
- Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Largo: Tres Leches with compressed pineapple and marshmallow
- Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Largo: Churros with espelette sugar and chocolate sauce (Did you know churros were introduced to Mexico by Spanish explorers around the 1500s during the Spanish Inquisition? They were adopted by Aztecs, Mayans, and other local tribes.)
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Olivia’s Café: Pork Ropa Vieja with cilantro rice, black beans, and maduros (available through Oct. 15)
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Paddock: Shrimp Tacos with crispy slaw, salsa verde, cotija cheese, and marinated fruit
Small World Vacations is celebrating 25 Years of Magic.
Learn how our experience can help you!
Request your FREE price quote for your Walt Disney World Vacation Today!
Published: October 4, 2021
Published: October 4, 2021