The largest expansion in Magic Kingdom® history is underway, a project that will nearly double the size of Fantasyland and deliver a new home for Ariel, new ways to interact with favorite Disney princesses, an exciting new family coaster, a double dose of Dumbo and more.
The new Fantasyland will immerse you in Disney stories as never before. This July and Holidays are the next two milestones for openings in the multi-year expansion of the New Fantasyland, announced Friday.
A “What’s New, What’s Next” presentation to media detailed the next phases in the project designed to nearly double the size of Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history.
“Fantasyland is a place where a very special kind of memory is made: where children just old enough to understand the moment come in contact with princesses and heroes and meet their most beloved friends,” said Meg Crofton, president, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, United States and France.
“We are excited about sharing our treasured stories in new ways and giving guests the opportunity to interact with their favorite characters like never before.”
Last month, the New Fantasyland unwrapped its first openings with one of two Dumbos planned for Storybook Circus, a new train station and The Barnstormer family coaster whimsically re-themed to The Great Goofini (see separate release for additional information).
Announced Friday were next phases:
- Opening of the second cost of Strattera Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Indoor interactive area serving the new double attraction
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station.
Openings were also announced by Crofton for:
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- buy esomeprazole Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Gaston’s Tavern
- Ariel’s Grotto
Among the highlights planned for the new Fantasyland:
The castle of the Beast, standing majestically upon a hill just across an old stone bridge from Ariel’s new home. The Be Our Guest Restaurant will feature a lavish dining experience in the elegant ballroom, gallery, and mysterious “West Wing” of the castle. With seating for 550, this magnificent facility will offer “great food fast” service by day and full table service dining in the evening. Nearby in Belle’s Village, you will find the rousing Gaston’s Tavern and Bonjour! Village Gifts.
But that’s just the beginning of what you will discover when the multi-phase project is completed. Here’s more of what’s in store:
- The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth, responding to every twist and turn of the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.
- In Princess Fairytale Hall, Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel, will greet you in their new home, an elegant royal court on the site where Snow White’s Scary Adventures stands today.
- The sound of the calliope will lead you to the brand new Storybook Circus and not one but two circling carousels of airborne pachyderms on Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Before taking to the skies on this Fantasyland favorite, you can experience an array of fun-filled family games and interactive wonders for kids of all ages inside the Big Top.
- Next door in Storybook Circus, the classic Barnstormer gets a bright new look as well, featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini. It’s a twisting, turning roller coaster “flight” high above the circus fun.