Walt Disney World ® Resort
Adventures by Disney Rhine River Cruise Itinerary Fact Sheet
Adventures by Disney river cruises allow families to experience the heart of Europe in a way that is active, immersive and easy. With the overwhelming popularity of its initial river cruise itineraries with AmaWaterways, sailing the fabled Danube River, Adventures by Disney has introduced a new Rhine River itinerary. Travelers will embark on this unforgettable trip to experience the beauty, history and culture of four countries – France, Switzerland, Germany and the Netherlands.
All Adventures by Disney river cruises sail with AmaWaterways, the premier luxury river cruise line. Guided activities on the new seven-night, eight-day Rhine River sailings include:
- Savor a taste of Switzerland, including traditional Swiss Fondue.
- Watch a festive Swiss performance bring to life the sights and sounds of the Alps.
- Spend two days exploring Strasbourg, the city that bridges French and German culture with picturesque neighborhoods straight out of a fairy tale.
- Explore the Alsace Region by canoe or on horseback.
- Visit the Strasbourg Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Ride a toboggan, hike along a waterfall or zipline through the Black Forest.
- Visit the Porsche and Mercedes-Benz Museums and savor lunch at a local beer garden.
- Take a walking tour through Heidelberg and visit Heidelberg Castle with a costumed guide.
- Set off on a guided bike tour through the pastoral countryside of the beautiful Rheingau or the town of Rüdesheim, a distinguished German wine region.
- Tour Siegfried’s Mechanical Music Cabinet Museum, which contains one of the largest collections of mechanical music boxes, giant pianos and other automated instruments.
- Enjoy an early evening sail through the UNESCO World Heritage Rhine Gorge.
- Enjoy tubing, snow biking, curling and more at Germany’s first indoor ski hall.
- Bike ride along the Rhine River and across the Hohenzollern Bridge.
- Savor chocolate making and tasting, as well as a visit to the Chocolate Museum.
- Tour Amsterdam’s famous canals then explore the city on foot.
- Get hands-on during clog painting and a cheese making demonstration in Holland.
- Discover the art and history of Amsterdam in the national Rijksmuseum.
An add-on package is also available in Amsterdam, offering a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk and a private farewell dinner event.
Published: April 25, 2016