Walt Disney World ® Resort
Can’t-Miss Experiences At The Epcot International Festival Of The Arts
Back by popular demand, the Epcot® International Festival of the Arts starts on Jan. 12, 2018 and runs all the way to Feb. 19, 2018. This year’s fest is seven days per week with the Disney on Broadway series running Fridays through Mondays.
Here are some of the highlights you can enjoy!
5. Workshops/Seminars – A plethora of different offerings spotlight this year’s Odyssey Festival Center. You can learn to draw Disney animated characters; get tips on taking the perfect photos; and study a host of artistic genres including acrylics, watercolors, musical composition, storytelling and even floral arranging. The seminars are included with Epcot admission and are generally 30 minutes; and the workshops have a nominal fee but last 75 minutes and include hands-on training and a cool take-away. Seminars can be reserved day-of at the Odyssey Festival Center. Workshops can be booked in advance by calling (407) WDW-TOUR.
4. Kids’ Activities – Younger Guests will discover lots of activities including “Figment’s Brush with the Masters,” a scavenger hunt through the countries of World Showcase. They can also grab a paintbrush and join in on the fun as they help create a wall mural at Expression Section in World Showcase Plaza; and there is even an interactive kids “chalk art” area this year.
3. Artful Photo Ops – You can put themselves into classic masterworks of art and take the perfect selfie. This year’s newest photo ops allow guests to step into Boticelli’s “Birth of Venus” and “picture” themselves in an homage to Mexican artist Frida Kahlo.
2. Food Studios – With more culinary options this year, you can find edible works of art including a basil- scented salmon roulade with purple rice and Romesco sauce; wild mushroom risotto with aged parmesan, truffle shavings and Zinfandel reduction; and a deconstructed Reuben sandwich, with shredded corned beef, Thousand Island dressing, pickled red cabbage and a rye curl. And the sweets are just as tempting with my favorite being the Pop’t Art cookie with strawberry filling.
1. Disney on Broadway Series – You can expand their theatrical horizons with show-stopping songs from award-winning Disney on Broadway musicals. One of the best ways to experience Disney on Broadway is through a dining package. Book a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner for you and they can enjoy priority seating at the show.