Walt Disney World ® Resort
Celebrate Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park
Take part in festivities for the Year of the Pig during the Lunar New Year celebrationat Disney California Adventure® Park!
Now through Feb. 17, 2019, you can experience Asian culture through inspired food, music and entertainment—all to welcome another year of good fortune.
Here’s what to check out:
Guests can watch “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu. As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer and Practical) join the procession. A troupe of Chinese performers bring additional dancers, martial artists and drummers to add extra excitement. The procession extends from Pixar Pier to Paradise Gardens Park.
Taste your way through four Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures: Longevity Noodle Co., Lucky 8 Lantern, Prosperity Bao & Buns and Red Dragon Spice Traders. A Sip and Savor Pass is also available for adventurous palates interested in tasting six culinary creations.
Guests can pick up commemorative merchandise featuring designs inspired by the different cultures of Asia. Plus, they can enjoy complimentary arts and crafts with local artisans, including Chinese calligraphy, paper lantern making and face painting.
With Get Your Ears On – A Mickey and Minnie Celebration happening now as well, it’s a fantastic time to visit the Disneyland® Resort!
Guests at the Lunar New Year celebration will discover a touch of Disney magic as they experience Asian culture through inspired food, music and entertainment with their family and friends, all to welcome another year of good fortune. Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year. Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure include:
- “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession,” a bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu, that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship. As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, the Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer and Practical) join the procession in their full holiday garb, along with Goofy in his “god of Good Fortune” attire and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their red vests. “Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession” is enhanced this year with a longer processional route, from Pixar Pier to Paradise Gardens Park, where guests will gather to watch the festivities. A troupe of Chinese performers bring additional dancers, martial artists and drummers to add extra excitement to the beautiful and colorful procession.
- Beloved characters Mulan, Mushu, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie donning their Lunar New Year attire and greeting guests at Paradise Gardens Park.
- Four Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, all with a Disney twist. New this year is the Sip and Savor pass, available for any guest to purchase if they wish to get the best value as they taste their way through the festive Asian marketplaces.
- Longevity Noodle Co.
- Lucky 8 Lantern
- Prosperity Bao & Buns
- Red Dragon Spice Traders
- A special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill that offers items inspired by traditional Asian fare, plus a new Festival Food and Beverage Cart inside Paradise Gardens.
- Live, daily performances with authentic musicians.
- New this year, the Melody of China ensemble entertains guests with Chinese classical, folk and contemporary music, with a trio of artists that play the yangqin (Chinese dulcimer), pipa (Chinese lute) and Erhu (Chinese fiddle).
- Vietnamese artist Dat Nguyen plays traditional and original compositions on classical guitar, lute, flute and melodica at Paradise Garden Bandstand.
- An area for guests to try complimentary arts and crafts with local artisans, including Chinese calligraphy, paper lantern making and face painting.
- A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful future.
- Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese.
- New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia.
- Special items all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort, including traditional red envelopes for gift-giving, Minnie Mouse ear headbands, lantern glow wands and more.
- Commemorative items with Lunar New Year designs, including a limited-edition pin, adult hoody and tees.
In addition, the Disneyland Resort is offering special, limited-time ticket and hotel offers during the Lunar New Year celebration, making this an ideal time for guests to visit Disney California Adventure.