Walt Disney World ® Resort
Dazzling ‘World of Color’ Returns on April 22 to Disney California Adventure Park
“World of Color,” the nighttime spectacular that has enchanted millions of Guests with its dazzling display of water, fire, fog, lights, music and the magic of Disney storytelling, is returning to the Disneyland Resort April 22, 2022!
This breathtaking extravaganza at Disney California Adventure Park brings animation to life, where Guests can relive memorable scenes from beloved Disney and Pixar films. Powerful dancing fountains shoot high to the sky on Paradise Bay, creating a fantastic movie screen of water and a veil of mist, while lasers electrify the night, capped with a soaring soundtrack. Guest’s may see scenes such as WALL-E and Eve zipping through the cosmos, Pocahontas exploring just around the river bend and Jack Sparrow battling on the sea.
Did you know? Here are a few “World of Color” fun facts!
- The inspiration for “World of Color” came from Walt Disney himself. The show begins and ends with the original theme song from “Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color” 1960s television program, which was written by Disney Legends Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman.
- “World of Color” features a gigantic projected water screen – a wall of water 380 feet wide by 50 feet high, for a projection surface of 19,000 square feet!
- The fountains can send water to heights ranging from 30 feet to 200 feet – higher than the top of Pixar Pal-A-Round!
- The “stage” for “World of Color” in Paradise Bay is nearly one acre and longer than a football field!
- During “World of Color,” Guests will see an array of heroes, heroines and colorful villains from the vast treasure of Disney and Pixar films, with characters from “Finding Nemo,” “The Little Mermaid,” “Toy Story,” “Aladdin,” “Beauty and the Beast” and “The Lion King.”
When “World of Color” returns, Disney will be adding a virtual queue system to help guests view this popular show. This virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app. Beginning April 22, distribution times for the virtual queue enrollment will begin at noon, daily.* Guests that are able to make a virtual queue selection will receive a notification via the Disneyland app to enter the designated “World of Color” viewing area via one of the two marked entrance points (Blue or Yellow) assigned to them, approximately 45 minutes before the show begins. For how-to details on the virtual queue system, visit Disneyland.com. If the virtual queue reaches capacity, please visit the Paradise Bay viewing area shortly before “World of Color” begins to check in with a Cast Member for walk-up viewing options. Joining the virtual queue for World of Color is not required to view the spectacular, but it is highly recommended.
Check the latest entertainment details and schedules at Disneyland.com or the Disneyland mobile app. Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Theme Park reservations and valid admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. For important information to know before your visit, including the latest information on face coverings.
*Please note, in order to enter the virtual queue, you must have entered Disney California Adventure park with a one day, one park ticket/Park Hopper ticket or Disneyland park with a Park Hopper ticket. The virtual queue is only accessible beginning at 12:00 p.m. via the Disneyland mobile app, and is subject to availability. Guests who begin their day at Disneyland may then enter Disney California Adventure park with their Park Hopper ticket after 1 p.m. for their designated entrance and show time. Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to view “World of Color.”
Published: April 14, 2022