Disney Cruise – Alaska Passports, Visas & Citizenship Documentation

Alaska Passports, Visas & Citizenship Documentation


Sailing from: Vancouver

The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on your cruise itinerary.

Travelers can visit the U.S. State Department’s website for more information. All documents must be valid for the entire length of the voyage, unless otherwise noted. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding. When dropping off luggage upon arrival, please keep all documents in your possession to present during check-in at the terminal.

U.S. Citizens (Including Children) Traveling to or Returning From Canada (Vancouver) by Air
  • Original valid U.S. Passport
U.S. Citizens (Including Children) Traveling to Canada (Vancouver) by Land or Sea
  • Original valid U.S. Passport
  • Original valid U.S. Passport Card
  • Original valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, FAST)


  • Original or copy of a state-issued birth certificate AND Government-issued photo ID
    1. Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable
    2. Hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable
  • Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State AND Government-issued photo ID
  • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services AND Government-issued photo ID

Children 15 years of age and younger are required to present one of the documents listed above, but do not need to present a Government-issued photo ID.

Social Security Cards and Global Entry are not acceptable proof of U.S. citizenship for purposes of traveling outside of the U.S.

*U.S citizens returning to the U.S. from Canada via land borders must either present a U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card. The only exception to this requirement is for U.S. citizens under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) who need only present a birth certificate (original, photocopy or certified copy), Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or Certificate of Naturalization.

U.S. Legal Permanent Residents

Guests who are legal permanent residents of the U.S. must present a valid original passport and a Permanent Resident Card, also known as a “Green Card,” or “Alien Resident Card (ARC).” to travel outside the U.S. Photocopies are not acceptable. If traveling by air to Canada, U.S. Permanent Residents must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Learn more about Canadian Visa requirements and exceptions.

Canadian Citizens (Including Children)
  • Original valid Canadian Passport
  • Original valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, FAST)
  • Canadian Permanent Residents must travel with a valid passport and a Permanent Resident Card, also known as a “PRC,” to travel outside of Canada
  • Canadian Citizens who are 15 years of age or younger may sail with either an original valid Canadian Passport or a Canadian Birth Certificate.
Citizens of All Other Countries (Including Children)
  • Original valid Passport

This cruise calls at ports in Canada and the United States; therefore, Guests may be required to obtain a multi-entry visa for both Canada and/or the United States.

It is each Guest’s responsibility to identify and obtain all the necessary visas before commencing the cruise.

Learn more about Canadian Visa requirements and exceptions.

If your country participates in the Visa Waiver Program, it is required to have a valid machine-readable passport and obtain 72-hour advance travel authorization via the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to boarding carriers by air or sea to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program. A copy of the approved ESTA application should be brought with you when traveling. View a list of applicable countries and registration requirements.



Beginning May 3, 2023, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will require every resident of a U.S. state or territory who is 18 years of age and older to present a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of identification (such as a passport or enhanced driver’s license) to go through airport security and board a flight within the United States. If you or a member of your family will be flying to a cruise homeport within the United States on or after May 3, 2023, please ensure you have an acceptable document for your air travel. REAL IDs are marked by a star on the top of the card. For more information, please visit the Transportation Security Administration. Please keep in mind that all Guests must still have Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant travel documents (proof of citizenship and/or appropriate visas) in order to cruise.