Sailing from: Galveston to San Juan, San Juan to Miami, New York to San Juan, San Diego to Galveston, New Orleans to San Diego or San Juan to New Orleans
U.S. Citizens (Including Children)
- Original or copy of their state-issued birth certificate AND Government-issued photo ID
- Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable
- Hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable
- Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State AND Government-issued photo ID
- Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services AND Government-issued photo ID
Children 15 years of age and younger are required to present one of the documents listed above, but do not need to present a Government-issued photo ID.
Social Security Cards and Global Entry are not acceptable proof of U.S. citizenship for purposes of traveling outside of the U.S.
Photocopies of passports are not acceptable.
U.S. citizens traveling by air to the United States must present a valid passport.
U.S. Legal Permanent Residents
Canadian Citizens (Including Children)
- Original valid Canadian Passport
- Original valid Trusted Traveler Program (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
Citizens of All Other Countries (Including Children)
- Original valid Passport
Beginning May 3, 2023, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will require every resident of a U.S. state or territory who is 18 years of age and older to present a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of identification (such as a passport or enhanced driver’s license) to go through airport security and board a flight within the United States. If you or a member of your family will be flying to a cruise homeport within the United States on or after May 3, 2023, please ensure you have an acceptable document for your air travel. REAL IDs are marked by a star on the top of the card. For more information, please visit the Transportation Security Administration. Please keep in mind that all Guests must still have Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative-compliant travel documents (proof of citizenship and/or appropriate visas) in order to cruise.