Hello, sunshine! Sweet, sweet summertime is here in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort, where the vibes are cool, the trends are hot and the treats will have Guests smiling ear to ear! Here’s a handy list of some fan favorites created just in time for Guests’ next visit:
Eat! From innovative and delicious snacks to delectable meals, Downtown Disney District has got Guests’ cravings covered!
- Soak up the California sunshine dining al fresco at one of the welcoming outdoor patios including La Brea Bakery Café, Tortilla Jo’s, and recently reopened Splitsville Luxury Lanes. Splitsville Luxury Lanes is offering a refreshing Watermelon Smash cocktail and the Ninja Crunch sushi roll, while Tortilla Jo’s is featuring a Baja ceviche, a strawberry-mint margarita and pineapple mojitos. Catal has a Skuna Bay salmon dish and Naples presents a lovely caprese salad. And let’s not forget the Cuban sandwich at Earl of Sandwich. Delish!
Insider tip: Many locations offer dining reservations seven days a week including Naples Ristorante e Bar and Catal Restaurant. Check restaurant reservation availability on the Disneyland app or Disneyland.com.
- Snacking is kind of a big deal here! Sweet choices range from handmade ice cream from Salt & Straw, seasonal beignets from Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express, S’more cupcakes at Sprinkles, and the adorable watermelon caramel apple dipped with chocolate and marshmallows at Marceline’s Confectionery.
Most items are for a limited time, so Guests may just need to try them all!
Shop! Looking for the latest summer styles that are easy and breezy? Summer shopping is plentiful in the Downtown Disney District.
- Guests can make a splash with these cute charms from Pandora Jewelry, while they shop for the latest in footwear at California Sole, beachwear at Curl Surf and Resort fashion at The Disney Dress Shop.
- Discover an exciting array of PRIDE merchandise offered at Curl Surf, Sugarboo & Co. and World of Disney, or check out the latest nuiMOs plush character release.
Explore! In search of an outdoor family-friendly activity or a photographic scavenger hunt? From anamorphic art installations to photo opportunities, there is a lot to discover!
- Come on down to see how things are “lining up” for Mickey Mouse and his pals. These popular anamorphic art installations have been updated and are back this year for Guests to enjoy throughout the summer. Guests can check out the pieces from certain vantage points and they’ll see the whole picture!
- Or, pop into the picture with selfie stops including Spider-Man celebrating the opening of Avengers Campus and “Love, Victor” celebrating PRIDE month. Both of these photo opportunities are located near Star Wars Trading Post. There is also a limited-time photo stop of the Cruella-mobile available through August 1, 2021 located toward the east end of the district.
Summertime brings so many great things to see and do in Downtown Disney District.
Published: June 18, 2021