Walt Disney World ® Resort
From Family Favorites to Thrilling Attractions, the ‘Magic is Here’ as Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park Welcome Back Guests Beginning April 30, 2021
AHAHEIM, Calif. (April 14, 2021) – The fun, the magic and the dreams are coming back to the “Happiest Place on Earth” when Disneyland Resort theme parks reopen on April 30, 2021.
Guests can discover or rediscover some favorite attractions and experiences at Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park, from thrilling adventures like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and the Incredicoaster, to family-friendly experiences like Toy Story Midway Mania!, Soarin’ Around the World and the newly reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish.
Because theme park capacity will be limited to comply with governmental requirements and promote physical distancing, the Disneyland Resort will manage attendance through a new theme park reservation system that requires all guests to obtain a reservation for park entry in advance. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date are required for guests ages 3 and up. Theme park reservations will be limited and subject to availability and, until further notice, only California residents, in groups no larger than three households, may visit the parks in line with current state guidelines.
Classic, family-friendly attractions
- Snow White’s Enchanted Wish, in Fantasyland, has been reimagined with new magic in storytelling. Guests will celebrate this timeless fairytale with new scenes throughout the experience including a dancing figure of Snow White joining the dwarfs in their cottage as the scent of a pie baking wafts through the air. Vibrant new shadow projections show the dwarfs as they happily march off to the mine singing “Heigh Ho.” New lighting, glittering jewels and shimmering effects make the mine sparkle, and a new magic mirror casts its spell. Ultimately, Snow White awakens to joyfully ride off with her Prince into a golden sunset.
- Guests join the iconic Mad Tea Party in oversized teacups, spinning under a canopy of colorful lanterns through a whimsical Wonderland party in Fantasyland.
- Beneath the vibrant medieval tent in Fantasyland, guests can ride one of 68 regal steeds or take a seat on the chariot on King Arthur Carrousel, which has been fancifully refurbished. The carrousel was built in 1922 and was one of the original attractions when Disneyland opened in 1955. Today, it is adorned with a new parchment white canopy, topped with 14 karat gold leafing around its crown and along the canopy edges, with patterns inspired by King Arthur’s family crest. Each of the 68 ornately hand-carved wooden horses are antiques, dating back more than 90 years. The horses have been freshly repainted by hand, using 30 different colors throughout the carrousel, and no two horses are alike.
- On the enchanting Peter Pan’s Flight, guests soar high over London on a pirate ship to Never Land with the help of a little pixie dust.
- Gloomy Doom Buggies take “foolish mortals” on a spooky tour of the Haunted Mansion, an eerie house with 999 happy haunts and there is always room for one more… The ghosts have been busy updating a few elements in and around the estate. Outside they have done some remodeling with new landscaping for their dearly departed pets, representing their stories from beyond the grave, such as roses planted around Rosie the Pig and plants that resemble water lilies around the frog. Inside, a keen eye will notice a few dastardly design elements in the portrait hallway. One of the Mansion’s original portraits known as “April to December” once again graces the hallway, where a lovely young woman ages right before guests’ eyes.
- All set on waterways: Pirates of the Caribbean is a swashbuckling cruise through the seas plagued by scoundrels; the Mark Twain Riverboat is a cruise through the Rivers of America aboard a majestic 19thcentury paddle boat, and “it’s a small world” is a whimsical canal ride and song-filled journey around the globe.
Disney California Adventure
- During The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, guests float away on clam-mobiles for a musical adventure awash with scenes from the animated Disney classic, “The Little Mermaid.”
- Inspired by the Disney and Pixar film, “Inside Out,” Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind invites guests to hop aboard a Memory Mover to fly in a circle through the workplace of Riley’s emotions; Joy and Sadness, to name a few.
- At Toy Story Midway Mania!, guests seated in swiveling carnival cars zip through a 4D midway starring “Toy Story” characters, blasting at moving objects for points.
- At Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, guests ride in tractor-trailers, spinning in figure eights amid a toe-tappin’ hoedown hosted by Mater in Cars Land.
- Soarin’ Around the World takes guests on a simulated hang-gliding tour above breathtaking natural and man-made wonders of the world. It is an experience for the senses in a 180-degree, 80-foot IMAX digital projection dome, with stunning aerial footage, breezes, pleasant scents and an uplifting musical score. Picturesque scenery includes flights over the Swiss Alps, Australia’s Sydney Harbour, the Great Wall of China, the Great Pyramids of Egypt, the Eiffel Tower and more.
Big thrills and adventures
- On the planet of Batuu at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is an ambitious, advanced and immersive attraction. Guests board a full-size transport shuttle before they are captured by a Star Destroyer and find themselves in the middle of a climactic battle between the dark side of the First Order and the light side of the Resistance, including BB-8 and Rey. The harrowing adventure blurs the lines between fantasy and reality on a scale never seen before in a Disney attraction. Adventurers can also embark on a thrilling interactive mission on Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, where every role – pilot, engineer and gunner – is crucial in this daring flight.
Upon reopening, Disneyland will continue to utilize a virtual queue system for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.* This virtual queue is only accessible via the Disneyland mobile app, and guests may only experience the attraction by joining the virtual queue. Distribution times for virtual queue enrollment will be twice daily, one in the morning, and one later in the day. Specific times and details will be shared at a later date on Disneyland.com.
- Conquering mountains in Disneyland, explorers will find thrills through a haunted gold mine on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and a race through the cosmos in the dark on Space Mountain.
- Thrill-seekers can embark on a fast-paced ride through rough terrain in a crumbling, cursed temple on Indiana Jones Adventure. Following Indy’s footsteps, guests board a rugged troop transport to confront inconceivable dangers including a collapsing bridge, molten lava, spear-throwers and a massive rolling boulder.
Disney California Adventure
- The Incredicoaster is a must-do mad dash with the “Incredibles” to catch Baby Jack-Jack as he wreaks havoc through tunnels on this high-speed, exhilarating rollercoaster chase at Pixar Pier.
- At Radiator Springs Racers, guests buckle up, start their engines and “drive” a zooming race through the desert landscape of Cars Land, never knowing who might win until they see the checkered flag.
- At Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, guests step inside a towering citadel where Tanaleer Tivan, a.k.a. the Collector has brought his unique collection of fantastical fauna, relics and species from across the cosmos. Rocket, who escapes, enlists guests to join him on a mission to rescue his fellow Guardians through six different story lines, big thrills and free-fall drops.
As guests and Disney cast members work together to promote the health and safety of everyone, the Disneyland Resort is adding enhanced health and safety measures. These measures include appropriate facial coverings required for all guests ages 2 and above, temperature screenings prior to park entry, physical distancing, capacity measures, enhanced cleaning procedures and cashless transactions. Markers will be placed in attraction queues to assist with physical distancing guidelines (6 feet between parties). Select attraction queues will also feature plexiglass in places to further support in physical distancing.
For a complete list of attractions and the latest Disneyland Resort information, guests may visit Disneyland.com or download the Disneyland app.
*Access to a Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
Only guests with a valid admission into Disneyland Park will be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, subject to restrictions and availability. Virtual queue is subject to restrictions, change and cancellation without notice.
Upon reopening, certain parks, restaurants, attractions, services, experiences, and other offerings will be modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity, and will be subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
Published: April 15, 2021