Walt Disney World ® Resort
MagicBand+ launches this summer at Walt Disney World Resort
Beginning this summer, Walt Disney World Resort Guests will interact with Disney stories in all new ways through the magic of technology, with the launch of Disney’s newest wearable, MagicBand+. This new product will enhance Guest visits to Walt Disney World Resort throughout the vacation destination’s 50th anniversary celebration and beyond.
MagicBand technology makes visits to Walt Disney World more convenient, including park and Guest room entry*, retail and dining*, Disney PhotoPass service and more. The next-generation MagicBand+ will retain those popular features and add new functionality to unlock experiential moments of magic throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts.
We are excited to share new experiences coming exclusively to MagicBand+:
- “Disney Fab 50 Quest”: Guests can embark on a scavenger hunt throughout the four Walt Disney World theme parks using MagicBand+ to help spread pixie dust and interact with the golden character sculptures.
- “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters”: Over in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Guests can use their MagicBand+ to find numerous virtual bounties hidden throughout Black Spire Outpost. MagicBand+ will be their guide, vibrating and lighting up to show if Guests are on the right path. Once a Guest’s mission is complete, the local guild master will reward them with galactic credits.
- MagicBand+ comes alive: After a Guest enters a theme park, MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations and gesture recognition, enhancing the environment’s storytelling
- Play Disney Parks mobile app connection: Guests can dive deeper into the interactive theme park experiences with the Play Disney Parks mobile app. This option allows Guests to keep track of sculptures found in the “Disney Fab 50 Quest,” unlock digital achievements, help them reveal their virtual bounty using the built-in augmented reality thermal viewer during “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters” and more**.
- Nighttime spectacular integration: Guests can experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as they see their bands light up and complement the magic in the skies, including the new “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park.
These experiences will be available with MagicBand+ and will launch when MagicBand+ goes on sale this summer. Disney Resort hotel Guests and Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will have the option to purchase at a discounted, pre-arrival price.
Guests may continue to use their existing MagicBand and Disney MagicMobile, available on eligible devices, to enjoy other features, such as park entry*. The original MagicBand product will continue to be available for purchase as well. With MagicBand+, Guests are immersed in our theme parks like never before.
*Guests can use MagicBand and MagicBand+ to enter Walt Disney World theme parks with valid admission and theme park reservations, enter their Disney Resort hotel room, and charge food and merchandise purchases to the payment card on file at their Disney Resort hotel room during their stay.
**To use the Play Disney Parks mobile app to enhance the MagicBand+ experience, Guests must be logged into the Play Disney Parks app with the Disney account linked with their MagicBand+.
Small World Vacations is celebrating 25 Years of Magic.
Learn how our experience can help you!
Request your FREE price quote for your Walt Disney World Vacation Today!
Published: May 4, 2022