Walt Disney World ® Resort
Make the Most of a Port: Sailing with Disney Cruise Line from Miami
When guests sail with Disney Cruise Line, there are not only incredible ports of call around the world for their families to experience, but there are also many home ports that are top vacation destinations! Miami is one of the leaders on that list, and families can not only take a cruise from South Florida on either the Disney Dream or Disney Magic this year, but they can also extend their vacation before (or after) to experience all this vibrant city has to offer.
Whether guests love to indulge in culinary delights or tend to venture outdoors, below are ways everyone in the family can make the most of their time on board and on land with a cruise from South Florida!
1. For the Foodie: Miami is a foodie’s dream, with many areas dedicated to all things delicious! Stop by Little Havana or Ocean Drive for authentic Cuban fare or fresh, vibrant seafood. Once guests board the ship, they can prepare their tastebuds for themed family dining, 24-hour room service and of course – ice cream! And whether they’re on the Disney Dream or Disney Magic, they can dine at Palo for an adults-only, elevated dining experience featuring northern Italian cuisine.
2. For the Sports Buff: Miami is home to an impressive roster of iconic sports teams, including the Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins and more. No matter what time of year guests are sailing from South Florida, chances are they can catch a game with the family while in town! Once on board, guests can show off their own athletic skills on Goofy’s Sports Deck (Disney Dream) or Wide World of Sports (Disney Magic), where they’ll find a basketball court, foosball and more; they can also get in a workout in at the Senses Fitness Center or on the running deck; or even watch a game live with friends and the family.
3. For the Beach Bum: Miami provides several sun-soaked beaches, such as South Beach and the Miami Beach Boardwalk, where guests can lounge the day away. The fun in the sun certainly doesn’t end with Disney Cruise Line. In addition to many pools and water features on the ships, voyages from this home port make stops in sun-drenched ports throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas, and all sailings from Miami visit Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island oasis.
4. For the Art Lover: If guests are a lover of the arts, Miami is the perfect fit for them! The city boasts a unique Art Deco Museum and the Bass Museum of Contemporary Art, as well as the Wynwood Art District. guests can continue this artistic adventure on board with participation in animation classes, or enjoy the arts in a different way by watching one of the Broadway-style shows offered.
5. For the Shopping Enthusiast: For those who love to shop ‘till they drop, Miami offers phenomenal shopping districts, including Lincoln Road Mall and Coconut Grove, to name a few. When guests step on board, several retail shops are available, so whether they are looking for classic Disney Cruise Line merchandise or a special item to remember their trip by, there is a souvenir for everyone.
Whether guests can relate with one of these categories or all five, these are just a few of the reasons to sail from Miami! Bon voyage!