Walt Disney World ® Resort
NBA Experience Tips Off August 12 at Walt Disney World Resort
You can personalize your experiences at this all-new destination,
bringing NBA and WNBA moments to life at Disney Springs
NBA Experience, the brand-new destination coming to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, officially opens Aug. 12, 2019. This announcement was made at Amway Center in Orlando, Fla., during tonight’s Orlando Magic – Philadelphia 76ers game, where Mickey Mouse made a surprise on-court appearance.
In collaboration with the NBA, Disney is developing NBA Experience as a one-of-a-kind environment packed with 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors. NBA Experience will give you the chance to feel like a basketball superstar.
“When we were young, we played basketball in our driveways or in the park, creating those imaginary moments of making the game-winning shot for a championship,” said Stan Dodd, executive producer, Walt Disney Imagineering. “We want to take that energy and help you feel what it’s like to be an actual NBA or WNBA player.”
Upon entry to NBA Experience, you will feel as if you’re walking through the players’ tunnel at an NBA or WNBA arena. A ticket to NBA Experience grants access to every activity, in any order you choose, with the ability to return to stations to improve performances or learn even more about the game, players and teams they love. In addition to the competitions and games, the experience will also include a retail store featuring NBA-themed merchandise.
Additional elements of the destination include:
- A slam dunk challenge, where you can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop to as low as seven feet to perform your own superstar moves – captured by burst photography.
- An activity that tests shooting skills with spots on a court that light up as you move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible in 15 seconds.
- A way for you to see how you stack up to some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring your vertical leap, wingspan, shooting and dribbling.
- Personalization for various activities with your names and associating the activity with your favorite NBA or WNBA teams.
- Real-time technology to aggregate statistics of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, while leaderboards will track top NBA Experience performers throughout each day.
Published: April 29, 2019