Walt Disney World ® Resort
New Digital Key Feature Now Available on the Disneyland App
As the Disneyland Resort continues to optimize the Guest experience, a new feature is now available on the Disneyland app* to make a hotel stay even more convenient.
The optional feature will allow Guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or the Disneyland Hotel to unlock their room with a digital key using the Disneyland app. When used with online check-in, Guests can even bypass the front desk to start their vacation even faster, allowing them to go directly to their room when it is ready.
Guests with room-only reservations or Guests that did not provide an email address during the initial booking can choose to add digital key by visiting the front desk of their hotel.
To use their digital key, Guests can follow these steps:
- Link hotel reservation to their Disney account via the Disneyland app or online
- Complete Online Check-in (up to 5 days prior to arrival) or check-in at the Front Desk upon arrival to complete the traditional process
- Once a room has been assigned on day of arrival and is ready for the Guest, they can access their room and locate their hotel room number within the digital key feature by tapping the “Unlock Door” button after signing into their Disney account on the Disneyland app
- To enter their room, Guests tap the “Unlock Door” button via the Disneyland app and then simply hold their phone against the door lock. A Bluetooth®-enabled device with the latest version of the Disneyland app is required.
We expect to provide Guests at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with the option of using a digital key in the future.
* Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.