Walt Disney World ® Resort
Seven Must-Try Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Experiences To Enjoy At Walt Disney World
Seven Must-Try Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ Experiences
You Can Enjoy At Walt Disney World
Millions of theatergoers experienced the wonder of Disney’s “The Lion King” on its opening weekend. And while the film set soaring box office records, Guests have been loving “The Lion King” – and following the heartfelt adventure of Simba and his friends – since the animated version debuted in 1994. But did you know there are many ways that you can join in on all the Hakuna Matata fun at Walt Disney World® Resort?
Here’s a round up of some of our favorite Disney’s “The Lion King”-inspired experiences you can enjoy at the Walt Disney World Resort today.
1. “Festival of the Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park – This live stage show celebrates the Circle of Life with Simba, Pumba, Timon and friends, and is a hands-down Guest favorite. The show features live music, dancing, tumbling, fire knife performances, and aerial artists in a show that becomes a vacation highlight for many.
2. “Rivers of Light: We Are One” – At “Rivers of Light: We Are One,” you will experience a new story about the milestones we all share in the circle of life. The show now features even more Disneynature live-action footage, plus a tapestry of moments from animal-inspired Disney animated films, including “The Lion King.”
3. “The Lion King” Scene in the Nightly Tree of Life Awakenings – The Tree of Life awakens each evening with a new story inspired by “The Lion King,” told through beautiful projections, music and animation that pay tribute to the classic film.
4. “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” – The Discovery Island Stage is the place to be to celebrate “The Lion King” with Rafiki and Timon.
5. Adorable Disney’s “The Lion King” Merchandise – New “Lion King” plush toys, t-shirts and much more are now available at various Disney merchandise locations, as well as online at ShopDisneyParks.com.
6. “Lion King” Room at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – A must-do for Disney’s “The Lion King” fans, an entire wing of Disney’s Art of Animation Resort is themed after the original animated film.
7. Listen to the Playlist – Guests can take home and stream the sounds of Disney’s “The Lion King” along with their favorite Park attractions with the official Disney’s Animal Kingdom playlist now on Apple Music®. Apple Music® subscribers will be able to add this festive playlist directly to their Apple Music® library and new users can sign up for a free three-month trial** through the app and listen to the playlists in full. *Trial or Subscription Required / **Plan automatically renews after trial