Walt Disney World ® Resort
Special After-Hour Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to Celebrate Park’s 30th Anniversary, Star Wars May the Fourth
Special After-Hour Nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
to Celebrate Park’s 30th Anniversary, Star Wars May the Fourth
The countdown has begun! Disney is less than one week away from kicking off the first of two exciting celebration nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® followed by even more Disney After Hours dates at the park. And today, we’re sharing more details about each special experience and a new video on what you can expect during a Disney After Hours night at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
On May 1 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, we’re celebrating three decades worth of movie magic and super heroic action with the celebration of the park’s 30th anniversary. At the event, you will be able to meet Disney and Disney•Pixar pals and Star Wars favorites for special photo opportunities. You’ll also experience little to no-wait on park favorites, including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, Toy Story Land attractions and more.
There will also be a special encore performance of “Wonderful World of Animation” taking place exclusively for event attendees. And special 30th anniversary merchandise will be available for purchase on May 1 as well as a slew of special anniversary food & beverage items, including Kylo Ren Cupcakes, Incredibles Macarons, Tres Leches Verrine and many more.
On May 4, Star Wars fans of all ages won’t want to miss this year’s celebration of May the Fourth at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. During the night, you will have the opportunity to encounter Chewbacca with Rey, Kylo Ren with Captain Phasma and more at the park! There will also be themed merchandise and special treats available for purchase.
*Guests should be sure their costume fits within these park guidelines – See Below
Following our special celebration nights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there are several added Disney After Hours event dates you should know about. If you aren’t familiar with Disney After Hours events, they are your opportunity to experience the magic of a Disney theme park for three hours after regular park hours, with limited attendance, which means little-to-no wait for attractions, experiences and character greetings.
Here’s a list of upcoming Disney After Hours dates for Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Wednesday, May 1 – 30th Anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Saturday, May 4 – Star Wars – May the fourth be with you!
- Friday, May 10
- Friday, May 17
- Friday, May 24
- Friday, May 31
- Friday, June 14
- Friday, June 21
- Friday, June 28
All Disney After Hours event tickets cost $125 + tax for advance purchase and $129 + tax for day-of purchases.
Q.What is the best way to dress for a visit to the parks?
Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense.
Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:
- Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older; however, some costumes may be permitted during select special events, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney After Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—May 4, 2019 only (special event costume guidelines apply)
- Masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older (unless they are for medical purposes); however, some masks may be permitted during select special events, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney After Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—May 4, 2019 only. (special event costume guidelines apply)
- Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
- Excessively torn clothing
- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
- Clothing with multiple layers are subject to search upon entry
- Objectionable tattoos
Dressing for Special Events
Please note these specific costume guidelines for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Disney Villains After Hours and Disney After Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios—May 4, 2019 only.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special events, take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g.,full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn.
Published: April 27, 2019