Walt Disney World ® Resort
Take a First Look at the Poster for Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort
Guests can get ready for an all-immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away aboard Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser. Here’s a glimpse at what Guests can expect during their two-night journey in this new promotional poster we’re sharing today for the first time.
Opening in 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will invite Guests into a new kind of “storyliving” as they travel the galaxy in a finely appointed starship. So far, many details about this new experience have been as cryptic as a Bothan spy, so it’s exciting to get another peek at what we have in store. Let’s take a closer look, shall we?
- The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which Guests will get to enjoy during their vacation. (Side note: Guests can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
- There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent Guests, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about their choices and how they live their personal Star Wars Do they want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for Guests to discover and decide.
- In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … we bet there’s a story there, too.
- In the lower left, Guests see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
- The image in the lower right is something to be incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of the experience, Guests will face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
- Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … one might have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
- And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. We’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …
This poster might leave you with as many questions as answers. Well, we have good news: We’ll soon be sitting down with Disney Imagineers to discuss all things Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser, and we’ll share that conversation with you. It will be the most in-depth discussion of this incredible new experience Walt Disney Imagineering has ever given publicly, so make sure to stay tuned.
You can also visit starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com and sign up to receive updates as they’re released.
Until next time … may the Force be with you.
Published: July 22, 2021