Updates on Adventures by Disney
For the most up-to-date operational updates and frequently asked questions, please visit here.
UPDATE – March 25, 2020: Adventures by Disney has been closely monitoring the latest information regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is in close contact with local, state, national and international health agencies for information and guidance.
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Guides, Adventures by Disney has decided to cancel most trips through the end of May.
We continue to evaluate the 3-night Barcelona Escape (departing 5/20 and 5/27) and the 7-night Mediterranean Adventures by Disney Cruise Package (departing 5/23 and 5/30).
UPDATE – March 20, 2020: Based on updated travel guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is also necessary to cancel River Cruise Adventures through May.
Beginning March 19, 2020, a final payment extension will be automatically added to all reservations for adventures departing July 15 and August 31, 2020.
Final Payments will be extended out an additional 30 days.
Example: A departure with a final payment due today, March 19, 2020, will be extended to April 18, 2020.
- The deposit payment will continue to follow current cancellation guidelines and is non-refundable 15+ days after it is paid should the Guest choose to cancel their reservation
- With this extension, final payment is due 90 days before Adventure start
The Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve quickly and Adventures by Disney is closely monitoring global developments and following the advice of public health authorities, medical experts and officials in the destinations we visit.
In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Guides, Adventures by Disney has decided to suspend new departures through the end of April.
Additionally, based on updated travel guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, it is also necessary to cancel the following adventures:
- Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos departures through May
- Italy departures through May
- Italy and Amalfi Coast departures through May
- Japan departures through May
- China departures through June
While we know this decision may be disappointing, the health and well being of our Guests and Guides is of the greatest importance. During the suspended operations, Adventures by Disney will continue to compensate our Cast Members.
ADDITIONAL SCREENING MEASURES
Currently, Disney plans to move forward with any trip not listed above. However, they will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary. At this time, the following guidelines are in effect for all trips and will continue to evolve as more information becomes available:
- At this time, any guest or guide who has traveled from, to or through the following countries within 14 days of their trip’s departure will not be able to travel with Adventures by Disney: Austria, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Iran, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino and Vatican City.
- Any guest who has been in contact with someone from these areas, including guests with connecting flights in these locations, also will not be able to travel, nor will anyone who has helped care for someone suspected of having or diagnosed with coronavirus, or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney will automatically have their flights rebooked on an alternate route. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
TEMPORARY CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE
Disney is offering a temporary adjustment to our Adventure Vacation Date Change Policy to provide more flexibility for our guests.
If a guest is currently booked on Adventures through May 31, 2020, they may change their reservation and they will receive a 100% credit to be used toward a future Adventure.
For Guests traveling April 1 through April 15, 2020, please contact Adventures by Disney or your travel agent at least 24 hours prior to the Adventure start date to request a change.
For Guests traveling April 16 through May 31, 2020, contact Adventures by Disney or your travel agent at least 14 days prior to their Adventure start date to request a change. You may select a new travel date and/or an alternate Adventure by December 31, 2020. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply. Any new bookings made on future trips through the end of June will be subject to fully refundable deposits up until the final payment date.
Please read the below additional information on the temporary adjustment to the Adventures by Disney policy on itinerary changes:
- If desired, Guests with reservations through May 31, 2020, may “park” their reservation until December 2020 for travel on any available date thereafter without incurring any additional fees. Any guest who doesn’t make a decision by December 31, 2020, will forfeit any payments that are parked due to Coronavirus.
- Reservations moved to a new Adventure/Date will be at the prevailing rate.
- Guest who choose to cancel their booking will incur normal cancellation fees imposed by Disney.
If you booked your Adventures by Disney vacation with Small World Vacations, please contact your agent for assistance. Small World Vacations’ emergency phone line is 201-497-5529. Or, contact our main office at email@example.com.
Please rest assured that the agents at Small World Vacations are doing their very best to help their guests during the current global health crisis.
Published: March 18, 2020