Walt Disney World ® Resort
Virtual Queue Update for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Virtual Queue Update for Star Wars:
Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will reopen on July 15.
For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, here is an update about Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which will once again be using virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. You will want to note a few changes to the process beginning July 15. Most importantly – as availability allows –guests will have an opportunity at 10am, 1pm and 4pm to request to join the virtual queue. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
There are a few important details to know before arriving:
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the distribution times (10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 4 p.m.).
- Once logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where guests will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- As long as a guest’s My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for themselves and the others in their group, a guest can enroll their entire party in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Guests should make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so they will be alerted if their group is called to return. Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While waiting for a virtual queue group to be called, guests can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including the newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, and many of guests are familiar with using virtual queue to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, regular standby queues will be used to manage capacity and to maintain physical distancing.
Disney is ready to welcome you back to the magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Walt Disney World Resort!
Published: July 12, 2020